Sunday, July 16, 2006

Bull Run - Second Battle of Manassas - July 15, 2006

This was a busy day trying to find the locations I wanted to see. First I went out to Bull Run and took a tape tour in the fog. That was a different feeling seeing those locations that probably looked like that due to the smoke from the cannons and muskets. After Bull Run, I drove to Fredricksburg to try to see that battlefield. Traffic coming out of DC was absolutely crazy on a Saturday. I got to Fredricksburg and couldn''t find the battlefield, so I drove to Chanchelorville and toured that area (location where Gen. Stonewall Jackson was shot and died). I then went to James Madison's home (Mountpieller), but it was under construction, so I took some outside pictures only. I stopped at a town where Monticello and Ash Hill were located, however all the motels were full due to visitation of college freshman. No room at the Inn for the weary ones.
I finally made it to Highway 81 to head south tomorrow. Here are a few of the pictures from the day. 2nd Bull Run was in September 1862.


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting




Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

"Stone House" in 1862 - It was a major piece of the landscape
and was utilized as a hospital during both battles at Manassas
(Bull Run 1 & Bull Run 2).

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Picture of the "Stone House" that I took today.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting




Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting




Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting




Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting




Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting




Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting




Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

1 Comments:

Blogger Connie Peterson said...

I love fog and pictures in the fog. Your pictures are really awesome. I think you've found your "calling" ... I will help you make a scrapbook - photo book when you are home.

9:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home